- (1) Introduction
- This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
- (2) Credit
- This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
- (3) Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- (4) Licence to use website
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages [or [OTHER CONTENT]] from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution [(such as our newsletter)]
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed [within your business].
- (5) Limitation and exclusion of warranties and liability
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Nothing in this disclaimer will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
[To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.]
- (6) Variation
- We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. The revised disclaimer will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised disclaimer on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
- (7) Entire agreement
- (8) Law and jurisdiction
- This disclaimer will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction
- (9) Our details
- You can contact us by email to – please follow link to Contact us.
- The completed website disclaimer is easily accessible on website, from every page. Ideally, from a legal perspective, users asked to expressly agree to these terms. However, in practice, this is very rarely done in relation to website disclaimers.
- The scope of the licence to use will vary with the site. Consider carefully exactly what your users should be allowed to do with the material on your website.
- Where you have content which is specifically available for redistribution, it is usually a good idea to have a more detailed licence setting out the redistribution rights.
- Do not delete this paragraph (except upon legal advice). Without this paragraph, the specific limitations and exclusions of liability will not usually be enforceable.
- This sort of exclusion is most unlikely to be enforceable.
- You should consider carefully the particular kinds of loss you want to try to limit or exclude.
- If you wish to try to limit/exclude for liability in respect of reckless, deliberate, personal and/or r
- “Consequential loss” has a special meaning in English law: it means losses that, whilst not arising naturally from the breach, were specifically in the contemplation of the parties when the contract was made.